Tuition: $100 one person or $150 for you and a partner.
This will be an active, hands on workshop! Students will work with latex and makeup, combining both classic and modern techniques of special effects makeup application to make bruises, cuts, scars, burns, stitches, black eyes, road rash/scrapes and of course ZOMBIES!
Learn all about wound makeup including light and shadow, how objects cause wounds, how gravity affects the wound, the age of the wound, classical character traits & more.
The hands on application includes:
• layering color on the skin,
• applying build up if necessary (using wax, cotton, tissue, oatmeal)
• Blending down edges into the skin or giving wounds a jagged edge
• filling in the wound “trough” with color
• stippling the wound
• pouring the blood into the wound
• texturing the scar
Each student/pair will receive 1 bruise wheel/stick, 2 oz latex, sponge, and a Bristol sponge
When: Sunday, Oct. 23 1:00 – 4:00pm
Where: Actor’s Rep 1000 N. Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach 33401
Instructor: Marlo Cohen