Special FX Makeup Workshop!
Oct. 22 (One day)
When: Sunday 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: Bob Carter’s Actor’s Rep 1009 N. Dixie Highway WPB, 33401
Instructor: Marlo Cohen
Cost: $75 (Includes take home bruise makeup wheel & latex.) Bring your child/friend to be your model for just $10 more! Class will be capped at 10 students/pairs.
This will be an active, hands on workshop! Students will work with latex and makeup, combining both classic and modern techniques of special effects makeup application to make bruises, cuts, scars, burns, stitches, black eyes, road rash/scrapes and of course ZOMBIES!
Learn all about wound make up including light and shadow, how objects cause wounds, how gravity effects the wound, the age of the wound, classical character traits & more.
The hands on application includes:
- layering color on the skin,
- applying build up if necessary (using wax, cotton, tissue, oatmeal)
- Blending down edges into the skin or giving wounds a jagged edge
- filling in the wound “trough” with color
- stippling the wound
- pouring the blood into the wound
- texturing the scar
Each student/pair will receive 1 bruise wheel and 4 oz latex