Step for the Rep
Welcome to the first ever Step for the Rep virtual 5k. We are running, walking, jogging, tapping, and dancing to raise funds for Actors’ Rep!
Usually around this time we would be dancing for you at our booth at SunFest! With SunFest cancelled, we can’t dance for you (well we can but that cost’s extra) but you can step for us. For the price of two beers at SunFest you can make a huge difference to your community and help us ensure the theatre is around for years to come!
Its simple! Register, run around, post on social media, have a good time!
To register to participate in Step for the Rep, please complete the form below. Select your dollar amount based on how many participants you are registering for. Each registration is $15. We can’t wait to see where you go!
Step for the Rep FAQ
What is a Virtual 5K?
A V5K is a long distance running (or walking, jogging, skipping) competition that is organized virtually so as to keep participants socially distanced.
How do I sign up ?
- Go to our website actorsrep.org/registration
- Click on the V5K Registration button and complete the form
- Participation is $15 per person
What happens after I sign up ?
- You will receive a welcome email with instructions, suggestions and our thanks
- This is the IMPORTANT PART : Step ,walk or run your 5K . Go outside if you can, Please show us your shoes , your favorite park, street or route map ! Feel free to post on our Facebook page your favorite places to walk. Yes, even your floor if you are snow-bound up North. Take the whole week or do 5K in one day. Take LOTS of photos and share them with us.
- Post your photos on our Facebook page and we will make you the Stars of the Page. If you are shy, show us your sneakers. Post your step trackers, take a photo of yourself, Sponsor a friend and take them with you. Please use the hashtag #Step4TheRep
- You will receive a gold medal in the regular mail after Valentines Day for being a Valued Donor.
Why aren’t you doing this in person ?
- A virtual event can’t be called off if Palm Beach County Covid cases go up.
- The Board of Directors decided we aren’t ready to do in person events. All our classes and shows are available online, so why not a V5K ? Everyone has fun and stays safe, and we don’t have to cancel it. The Steps Go On! okay, bad pun there.
What are the funds used for ?
- The funds raised from this event will go towards our annual fund that supports general operating cost, much of which have been lost due to COVID-19. The bulk of the funds will go back into community programming, paying teacher salaries, and creating online shows.
Why are you asking for $15 ?
- It’s the median price of our show tickets and weekly classes and also the price two beers at SunFest if you bought them from our booth.
- Hey, we need the money! Palm Beach County has cancelled SunFest which raised $5,000 for our Annual Fund. This is the second year it has been cancelled, so we have to raise the amount ourselves.
Have Questions? Ask Away.
Bob Carter’s Actor’s Workshop & Repertory Company, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Gifts are deductible as allowed by law. Tax ID 65-1124489
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com, REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. REGISTRATION #: CH 43157